The GOMA Lubricants and Base Oils Symposium is the biennial event primarily focused on issues affecting lubricants industry, which includes issues related to the development of base stock and additive, application, standardisation and care for the environment. This event is organised by the Croatian Society for Fuels and Lubricants – GOMA in partnership with European Lubricating Grease Institute – ELGI. This 54th GOMA Lubricants and Base Oils Symposium provides international participants from both the industry and academia with an ideal forum for discussion, discovering the latest industry developments and building professional network.
Serious concerns over global warming and resource depletion definitely are shaping our world and influencing industrial and technological development. Consequently, requests for environmental protection and energy economy are becoming the main drivers of the lubricants development. However, many organisations put their attention only on productivity and machine reliability, so thus environmental factors and energy savings are not on the list of priorities. The main purpose of this Symposium is to offer an answer on how to reach a compromise between these, often conflicting demands and properly formulate lubricant capable to perform effective wear control and lower energy costs. It should also bring attention to the significance of lubricants selection and lubrication practice as effective way to achieve wear control and energy economy. All of these factors could be translated to considerable savings for many maintenance departments, even if we didn’t keep in mind the cost of disposal. Finally, is there anything more important than protecting our environment?
This event aims to provide participants with findings on the following topics:
– Future outlook for the lubricants industry, markets and trends
– Development of Base Oils & Additives – moving to higher performance lubricants
– Highlights on the latest development in automotive lubricants and other operating fluids
– Recent movements of industrial lubricants including MWFs and greases
– The newest HSE regulations impact on lubricants industry
– Condition monitoring, laboratory and tribological testing
– Practical experience in R&D and application of lubricants
Proposal ideas that extend beyond these thematic areas will also be considered.
– Abstracts should be submitted online via Registration Form.
– All abstracts must be submitted in English, the official language of the event.
– Please avoid tables, charts, mathematical formulas and symbols in abstract.
– Abstracts may not be longer than 2.500 characters including spaces.
– Authors should indicate their presentation preference: oral or poster. The Program Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
– If you encounter any problems during the submission process or you do not receive any confirmation by email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Only speakers will be exempted from paying the attendance fee
– Please, note that poster presenters are not exempted from paying the attendance fee
– Oral presentation must be presented in English and will last 30 minutes, including 5 minutes at the end reserved for questions
– All posters will be displayed in the exhibition hall for the duration of the symposium. Poster presenter must be present during the entire session and available for discussion
– The Program Committee reserves the right to review all presenting materials prior to presentation in order to maintain the highest professional level of presentation and avoid commercialisation of Symposium
– Speakers or presenters are obliged to submit their biography and photo
– Biography should not exceed 1.300 characters including spaces, written preferably in the essay form appropriate for the announcing at the beginning of the presentation – no bullets, please
– Biography should be written in the third person singular
– Abstract + biography jointly should not exceed 3.300 characters including spaces
– Authors of papers which are finally selected by editorial board for publication in Fuels & Lubricants Journal should be required and obliged to submit your final papers in a form ready for publication. A payment for publication will not be required
– Presentations and Final Papers should be sent by email to email@example.com
– If you wish to be a session chair, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the topic
– Abstract Submission Deadline: May 31st, 2023
– Notification of Acceptance/Rejection: June 10th, 2019
– Presentation in MS Power Point Submission Deadline: July 15th, 2023
– Final Paper MS Word Submission Deadline: December 31st, 2023
The Symposium will be held at Esplanade Hotel, Zagreb, Croatia.